Efficiently Encode Images
Images constitute a large portion of downloaded data and screen space on a large portion of sites. Optimizing images or properly encoding them is one of the most dynamic was to improve page speed and boosting user experience.
In these cases, avoid using high resolution and large images.
There are many of ways to perform this function for your site. Finding the right mix of image format, properly sized images, image quality, dimensions can be unique to a particular site.
Best encoding practices
Google recommends these tips:
- Get rid of unneeded image resources
- Work in CSS3 effects whenever possible
- Where you can, replace encoded text with web fonts in images
- Use vector images, which are zoom and resolution-autonomous, for geometrical-based images like logos and icons.
- Use raster images for complicated images filled with detail.